Thursday, July 20, 2017

Swing

I wish I could tell you I had lots of wonderful crafting time this week. But it just didn't happen. I was so busy. I have a special event over the weekend and needed to do a bit of shopping for it. The kids had their first Week back of learning for term 3 and I had loads of paperwork to catch up on. Miss M had a whole day at the hospital on Thursday, which brings me to now. 

I do, however, have a little painting I did on Thursday for the 52 week illustration challenge.

This week's prompt was SWING.

I think for next weeks challenge I will try and change how I paint just a little....it's all about growth and finding what you are capable of doing and how you paint the best. If  I don't change how I paint then I will never know if I can get better and paint more meaningful pieces.

I immediately thought of a tree swing out in the country. I think I would have loved growing up in the country. The girls face I tried side on, and I just couldn't get it right....so I turned her head face on like someone was taking a photo of her having fun on the swing.

I originally wanted her hair swinging along the ground, but that just didn't quite happen either.

But I like her, just the background went a bit splashy...lol...

SWING







Thanks so much for popping by. I am linking this to paint party Friday, you can see the link on the right sidebar.

You can also subscribe to my blog and never miss a post. Also in the sidebar at the right.



Thank you for stopping by.
I appreciate your visit.
Mandy
Xxx


24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your pretty illustration, and good that you found time to create your lovely art in spite of being so busy. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Hi Mandy,
thanks for visiting my site and the nice comment. Yes, I partly painted the mermaid.
Your sweet, happy girl is adorable. Well painted of course.

Laney said...

Oh this girl is so sweet! Nice painting and I'm glad you found time to be creative. Thanks for sharing this work!

Linda Kunsman said...

your girl is just darling and i love this sweet summer scene Mandy! Happy PPF!

SLScheibe said...

She certainly looks like she's enjoying that swing! It's a beautiful illustration and really sweet!

Susan said...

She is delightful! I love her hair. I think you have captured something we can all remember, here. Happy PPF

Faye said...

Mandy, I did grow up in the country and I had a swing just like this. Your girl looks great and she does look like she is posing for the camera. Brings back fond childhood memories.

Latane Barton said...

Oh, that looks like fun. You did such a great job with it.

Christine said...

This is wonderful I feel her joy!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely illustration ~ beautiful ~ she is so sweet and happy with the Summer ~ ^_^

Anonymous said...

ilove the illustration.. wonderful and she is so happy!!!!
Happy weekend
Elke

Irene Rafael said...

Hi, I found you! This is such a fun free piece. Love it!
~~ Irene

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job, so pretty!

NatureFootstep said...

your art brings back good memories. Thanks! :)

Giggles said...

Oh she is fabulous...I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this a wonderful and classic memory of childhood!! Love it!!

Hugs Giggles

artbyjune said...

She looks very happy on the swing. Takes me back to happy times on swings in the park....waiting for my grandma to collect me.

DVArtist said...

This is such an adorable piece of art. Glad you found time to create.

SandeeNC said...

I need to get back into the illustration challenge, thanks for the reminder. Lovely little girl on a swing, without a care in the world!

PiaRom said...

Awww such fun!

stefanie stark said...

This is such a wonderful pretty picture! I love it how the girl enjoys beeing on the swing!

NIKE said...

playbazaar
http://playbazar.ind.in/
satta king result

Wedding invitation videos said...

How do you make your wedding everything that you have dreamed, Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online but not break the bank? Here are some tips that can help.

logistics service in india said...

top logistics companies in gujarat
shipping and logistics companies in gujarat visit now

omgroupco said...

warehousing solutions india
warehousing solution provider good sites

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...