Friday, July 7, 2017

Paint on My Hands

I need inspiration to get paint on my hands.....and time.
We are in school holiday mode here, and I have been getting up super early, so, getting much done in the day time. I had a spare hour the other night and have joined an online illustration Facebook group. they post an inspiration word weekly and you are to draw a picture with that word as its theme.

There are so many  incredibly talented people on that page, but its all good...I will put my paintings on and share...we can't all be children's illustrators right? it's all about doing and enjoying the process...which I absolutely do.

I have not joined in in PAINT PARTY FRIDAY for ages, but I used to love it when I did. I love to look at others art. fills my heart with happiness.

Unfortunately, this Facebook page has closed its page until November, which is an interesting notion...I think there were too many members? I only just got in in time, having only joined in last week.

This weeks inspiration theme word was San Francisco.

Here she is. I am a firm believer that we truly need to love our fellow humans. Love is the answer.



It's hard to get the right colours, but this looks close enough.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone's work n the Paint Party Friday group, of which you can all still join in on, and you will find the link to the right...
I did this using pencil at first to draw, and then I used some inktense blocks as a watercolour and then the finer parts I used Derwent water colour pencils. It took about an hour all up...see...there is always time for getting paint on your hands.

Until next time
lots of it
Mandy



35 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Mandy, your painting is delightful and, yes, love is definitely the answer. Happy PPF!

BrownPaperBunny said...

She looks great! What's the name of the Facebook group? Always looking for new Prompts and fellow creators. :) Happy PPF!

Mandy said...

Thanks sue,...it is , n all areas of life, and brown paper bunny, the name of the group is 52 weeks illustration, however they just clos d it as it was too big...I only just got in...they said they will reopen in November....:-(

Christine said...

Beautiful piece and a lovely message Mandy!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page Mandy, nice to see you around again. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

Love the painting, Mandy. I was touched by your story of your twins' first few days.

SLScheibe said...

Wonderful! She's just adorable and the message is wonderful :)

Renee Dowling said...

This is truly lovely in design, colour and style! You could be a children's illustrator. There are all types of styles in books. There is not one specific style that is needed.

Thank you for sharing and welcome back to Paint Party Friday!

Sarah Leonard said...

I love her - she is obviously such a free spirit <3 Happy PPF! (I am Number 32!)

Mandy said...

@Faye...thank you very much...you know, I realised the other day I haven't written the rest of the story on the blog...they are 16 years old now...my son still has a condition where his airways get very narrow quickly, and we discovered that my daughter had a stroke at the time. We only for d that out 3 years ago!!! She is deaf and has other complications from it...they are both amazing kiddos and I am so proud of what people they hav become...thank you for reading it...xxx

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh she is lovely-and really, that could be me as I wish to be:):)Spirit and nature, love it. Happy to see you back at PPF and hope to see more!

peggy gatto said...

Just perfect reminder of Summer of love!

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that's beautiful, I love the art and the message.

Victoria said...

Hi Mandy! Gorgeous art, so beautifully painted, the colors are sublime! I love her spirit, so peaceful and inspiring..plus the quote to match is awesome...truly inspiring work!
Lovely to visit your world!
Victoria

Mandy said...

Thank ypu Victoria...so glad ypu made it...xx

Mandy said...

Thank you Lisa...xx

Mandy said...

Peace...xxx

Mandy said...

Me too Linda...xx

Mandy said...

Thank you Sarah...I did get to look at everyones gorgeous work.. if I didnt comment yet it was because I had a couple of problems only with a couple...will double check today...xx

Mandy said...

Thanks so much Renee...good to be back...xx

Mandy said...

Thank you so much...xx

Mandy said...

Thank you Faye its been 16 years...I realised though that I hadn't finished writing their stiry...will have to het on top of that for sure..

Mandy said...

Thanknypu Valerie...xx

Mandy said...

Thanks Christine..xx

Mandy said...

Thanks sue,...it is , n all areas of life, and brown paper bunny, the name of the group is 52 weeks illustration, however they just clos d it as it was too big...I only just got in...they said they will reopen in November....:-(

Mandy said...

Thanks sue,...it is , n all areas of life, and brown paper bunny, the name of the group is 52 weeks illustration, however they just clos d it as it was too big...I only just got in...they said they will reopen in November....:-(

Mandy said...

Thanks sue,...it is , n all areas of life, and brown paper bunny, the name of the group is 52 weeks illustration, however they just clos d it as it was too big...I only just got in...they said they will reopen in November....:-(

Mandy said...

Thanks sue,...it is , n all areas of life, and brown paper bunny, the name of the group is 52 weeks illustration, however they just clos d it as it was too big...I only just got in...they said they will reopen in November....:-(

Beth Niquette said...

What a dear little painting. I love the feel of childhood and freedom you've captured here.

JKW said...

Fantastic fun this painting. Blessings, Janet

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely painting and message

Happy PPF

much love...

Penny Lee StewArt said...

Really pretty! Happy PPF. congratulations on being chosen this week.

Viola said...

Lovely and peaceful! Yes, love is the answere.

Nadya said...

Congratulations on being our PPF cover girl, Mandy! I love your Summer of Love girl (the year before I graduated from HS!)
She would make a great children's story illustration!

stefanie stark said...

This is a wonderful interpretation for San Francisco! I love the details of the pretty girl, her cute freckles, the peace necklace and the flowers in her hair and the sweet cushion. Wonderful!

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...