Sunday, July 9, 2017

Busy Weekend

You have to love a weekend...especially when it is filled with gorgeous sunshine during Winter.

This weekend I dedicated Saturday to pottering around the house, dropping C off to work and heading into the shops for some preserving equipment. All those oranges on the tree need to be used up. Had a coffee with Raymond and was inspired by how glorious the fruit and vegie shop looked, so I too a photo. I often take photos of things that I think look interesting.

We also went to a local market....it wasn't that good, and it was incredibly busy. I doubt we will go to that one again.


I picked some oranges from my tree and preserved so MARMALADE, and I also made some ORANGE BUTTER, which I will be supplying the recipes soon.
Raymond and I had purchased ten boxes of WHO GIVES A CRAP toilet paper. This company makes recycled toilet paper, ,the wrapping is recyclable, and they give 50% of their profits to places that need bathrooms in developing countries. Anyway, we dropped off 4 boxes to friends places up the mountains, and decided to head on up to some markets.

We firstly stopped at the Hydro Majestic, merely for the view...it was beautiful, and very, very cold...we lasted about 2 minutes...lol...this was the place my mum and dad went on their first date...considering they lived in Maroubra...a bit of a trek right!



We then headed on up to some markets at Wentworth Falls, grabbed a coffee and went further up the mountains to Blackheath. The Blackheath Growers Markets are a fabulous markets. We picked up a few things there and headed back home. I love trees, so of course took a photo of some, and another very old looking statue. I'm not really sure what it is, but I liked it...


A busy, and semi productive weekend.

Until next time
lots of it
Mandy
xxx

No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...