Wednesday, May 5, 2010

moments that made me happy this past week...

What a motley looking bunch...lol...its us...we're crazy...what can I say!!!!I look dreadful sadly...the day had so much for me to do...childrens hospital, dropping kids off, sick kids, shopping, lunch, shopping for party, picking up mum, madly cleaning up before everyone came over to help celebrate Jess, Cam, Jacob and Maddie's birthdays...crazy day...
















Cam, Connor and Jacob...Lachlan is shy and didn't want to be in the photo...

















Maddie at the build a bear shop picking her lovely pupppy gucci..you should see her outfit!!!!!




















My beautiful boy and I
at the bowling club having a sppecial birthday lunch....
















Very easy ppumpkin soup...3/4 jap pumpkin, 2 potatoes, 4 cloves garlic, 2 brown onions, 2 litres of chicken stock....boil then blend...add a dash of light sour cream...yummo...the kids loved it....














Jacob drawing his interpretation of starry night by vincent van gogh...he was very impressed with the painting when we recently saw it at the art gallery of australia




Well...there you have it..these are the things...well some of them...that made me happy this week...

until next time
lots of it
mandy
xxx

10 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

holly cow you super busy crazy woman!!! hwo do you have time to breathe???

ps now you have so given me a craving for pumpkin soup.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! :D

Trudy said...

So many happy moments and what a precious family. You are very blessed.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful family! AND 3 birthdays at the same time!! I am gasping - I get that 2 are twins, but how cool that 3 of your "babies" share a special day together - I hope that all had fun (after the cleaning which never is!) I have a friend who gave birth to both of her kids on the same day, within the same hour, 7 years apart!

Thank you too for your kind comments to my blog - your words mean so much. And my friend really had the best intention when asking the question - she could see through my work that I was still carrying pain about that and wanted me to let it go. Thanks to both of you for being so kind and caring! Kristin xo

Rae said...

I just love seeing pics of your family and family life. You can tell by all the smiling faces that you are a healthy happy family...that just blesses me. Thanks for sharing.
Love the soup recipe too!

Pauly said...

Just gorgeous! Keep pickin out all the positives! Keep smiling!!You are doing a fab job!!

amanda73 said...

love those pics, jacob is a whizz at drawing, show us the finished drawing...... and a happy birthday to jessica, jacob and maddie, for the 4th and cameron also... man you got your kids birthdays close together lol

Shona Cole said...

you look like a happy family. that is a lot of birthdays to handle at once! crazy....
happy mother's day (is it even on tomorrow for you guys?)

E Makes Art said...

What an amazing family! And you're an Auzzie!! I have family in Adelaide, and have been there several times. I love Australia.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I already love this group!

Unknown said...

Whew what a day! Makes me tired just hearing about it!

Thank you for thinking of me with the recipe swap, but I'm really not a good cook so those types of things make me sweat buckets. So I cannot participate until I get better. Really...

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...