Tuesday, August 8, 2017

English.

Getting the kids writing can be a real challenge.

When Mr J was smaller he used to write his own novels. There was nothing stopping him from sitting down for hours working on his novels.

But then....that stopped.

Even getting the kids to write extended responses now is like getting blood from a stone.

So, I have been on the look out for great English resources that will get their creative juices flowing.

There are quite a few links I could show you, with lots of lovely words to use in sentences, different proforma for different genre and lots more. So instead of linking them here I will link my pintetest Board.

I also have been on a little spending splurge to help creative thinking flow. You can't have a writing session without being able to think the creative sentences up. There is over 140 links to check out.


 Here are some of my purchases lately. All to create imaginative thinking.




I



We are yet to use these in our home schooling, but the sentence builder will be used for grammar. The others will be used to inspire creative thinking and writing.

Hope this helps, and make sure you grab a cuppa before you go through my 
English Homeschool Pinterest 

Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy
Xxx





No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...