Tuesday, August 8, 2017

$50 Challenge Meals

Brekky was weetbix or porridge or toast with Vegemite and/or home made marmalade
Day 1
Toasted cheese and Pan fried sandwich
Thai chicken curry with rice
Day  2
Toasted cheese sandwich

Had sandwiches with meat and salad
Day 3
Toast with leftover meat
Spaghetti Bol
Day 4d.
Toasted sandwiches
Whatever night which included bacon, eggs, vegies etc...
Day 5
Toast
Leftover spaghetti
Day 6
Toasted sandwiches
This was the day that took us over the edge. The kids are sick and I am still trying to shake This flu, so I succumbed to takeaway.
Well, not me as I have my paleo meals,
Day 7, which is Tuesday(and I am writing. This entry today in preparation for tomorrow)
Kids hav sandwich for lunch
Dinner is tom yum soup


Saturday my meals took a turn. I ordered paleo FOOBER.  meals  for 5 days out of the next 7. However, the rest of the family will continue to eat what I have left in the house.

My meals were already paid and it is a continual thing, but 7 others are still eating in the house.

I spent just over $50 all up at the grocery store.
I also splurged with the take away on Monday night spending $26.
So yep, it was o the $50.
I think I still have lots of bits, way too many bits, left in my cupboard. How oh how do I use all that stuff up?
Much of it is baking  stuff.

So, for this week I am going to repeat the Challenge.
I have a kilo of good mince
1 kilo of wings
A couple of tins of salmon
Tins and tinsof chick peas
Lentils
A couple of rices
Vegies and herbs in the garden
5 pumpkins


Some meals I plan on making are


Marinated chicken wings with rice and vegies
I will use garlic, ginger and some soy sauce with olive oil for the marinnade

Spaghetti bol with spiralised zucchini
Some garlic, herbs onions and whatever vegies I have. Tin of tomatoes with a squirt of tomato paste an a passatta.

Lentil and spinach stew with brown rice
I will be trying THIS recipe

Pumpkin Soup with home made damper
I will just be adding a few spicy bits to make it tasty.
You can pop in whatever you like, usually onion, garlic and then to make it paleo a coconut milk, that is why it will taste better with a bit of spiciness to it.


Chickpea curry with rice and  pappadums
I will be using THIS

Salmon patties with chips and salad
For the parties I will be using THIS recipe


Hmmmm...I am sure can whip up another

I will make for snacks
- a paleo bounty slice using THIS recipe
- blueberry muffins paleo style using THIS recipe
- roasted flavoured chick peas using THIS recipe
- hommus dip using THIS  recipe
- and we have plenty of fruit.
Wow...that is some impressively list knowing I am only using what I have in the pantry fridge, and garden.

Is anyone else trying the challenge?
Would love to hear how you are going.

Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy
Xxx






4 comments:

Wedding invitation videos said...

fried rice bengali style
mutton biryani bengali style
kosha mangsho bengali style
how to wear bengali style saree
how to wear a saree in bengali style
bengali style saree wearing
mutton bengali styleWedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations

explainer video production company said...

Top 5 2D animation production companies to produce animated explainer videos in UK animated explainer video
animated infographic
best explainer videos
animation process
animation cartoon video maker
ad film makers in mumbai Animated Explainer Video for Business
Explainer Video Production Company

logistics service in india said...

best logistics company in gujarat
best logistics company in banglore

omgroupco said...

top logistics company in india
top logistics company in delhi ncr good work

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...