Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March artastic




Hi there ...well...firstly...lost bowls today, so out of the comp...gives me time to do other things now...lol...like cleaning....yuk!!!!and creating, which is what i love to do...




For now i will show you my entry for the march artastic challenge...




Mucha was the creator/originator of ART Nouveau (French for new art style)Mucha's works frequently featured beautiful healthy young women in flowing vaguely Neoclassical looking robes, often surrounded by lush flowers which sometimes formed haloes behind the women's heads. In contrast with contemporary poster makers he used paler pastel colors.I recommend you all look up his Art Nouveau work to get a feel for his style (Google).




ARTastic Diva Demand... for an extra 6 bonus points


1. Use a cut out figurine from a photo = 1 pt


2. Make a halo using flowers around the figurines head = 2pts


3. Use Art Nouveau style/designs on your layout = 3 pts


My page is very messy ...it was white cardstock...the butterflies are just scrap cardboard packaging with paint and ink over the top...i got from the painting honesty, so that what i tried to put into my lo...an honest look at myself...my fingers were black for a while after this page...lol...gotta love staz on ink...i really do!!!!
well...take care
lots of it
mandy
xxx




6 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

love love love love the arty feel of this page!!!

Tracey said...

This page has so much oomph!...lol. Not sure if that's the word I was looking for but that's what came out!!! Anyhow it means I love it. Awesome work Mandy :)

Pauly said...

Love ya page Mandy and good luck with ya goals! Ya should bring the kids to Mt. Buller!!

Marelize said...

Really awesome page Mandy! I love what you've done with the photos! Gorgeous layout! :)

Ann-Marie said...

OMG Mandy this is an AWESOME page! I love what you did with it!!

Taryn said...

LOVE all the paint and ink, mandy, and all the journalling. Fabulous page, as always. Go check out my blog. i left you a little something special.

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...