Friday, March 23, 2018

Gozleme Recipe-Budget Friendly

Hi there
Another week has flown by and it feels like time is going quicker and quicker.

It has been a busy week, as usual, and I would like to share with you just a nibble of what I have been up to.

Firstly, I will start with my art piece I did. I will link this to Paint Party Friday. The image to the right on my sidebar will take you directly to there.

This week’s prompt word was HUMOUR.

I had ideas swirling in my head and then I thought to myself, what do I think is funny@? I tend to be a fairly serious person, even though I do smile much of the time, but I don’t offer whole heartedly laugh. But what does make me laugh are animals photobombing.....so, without further ado, here is Alison Camel photobombing a very charming family in front of the pyramids.


Oh...I also did some sketches from my imagination, of the first few beast of the Harry Potter Magical Beasts And Where to Find Them...this wasn’t for precision...it was to try and develop an imagination...lol...so not perfect and Di them in not many minutes each...using a child’s set of crayons and a scrapbook...lol...





In other news, our family visited the Woolly Mammoth display at the Australian Museum. It was really sad as this little guy only got to live for a month, but it was also so incredibly interesting. If you get a chance I would say it is a must see....we were also pretty impressed with the mineral display....absolutely gobsmackingly beautiful.




And finally, my budget friendly, easy peasey recipe.



Spinach and Fetta Gozlemes
I made a double batch.
Ingredients
4 cups of self raising flour
2.5 cups of Greek yoghurt
Packet of thawed and drained frozen spinach
Greek fetta
Lemon wedges to serve

Pretty much all you do is mix the flour and yoghurt together to make a dough.
Just use your hand.
Then  cut it roughly into 8 portions.
Roll out on a floured board using a floured rolling pin until about 30 cms or so...can be a bit smaller. It will go very thin which is good. Could be smaller...maybe 25 cm or about 10 inches.
Spread the spinach on half of it, leaving about 2 cm around the edge, and then crumble some fetta on top of that.
Put a little water, using your fingers, around the edge of one half and then fold over to join. Just lightly press or you can do a little roll.
Put some oil into a large pan and over a medium heat, cook until ready. It took a few minutes for this one to be cooked on each side.
A squeeze of lemon over the top and there you have a very cheap, easy and tasty meal that all the family can enjoy.
An edit to post to show the process a bit better.


                                         



                                         
Let me know if you give it a try, and how it goes.
If you are visiting from PPF...hello....thanks for popping by to check out my art.

Ok guys
Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy
XXX

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun post! Love your illustration, and the recipe looks really tasty. Great idea with the Harry Potter creatures, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Mandy said...

Thanks so much...ypu always have truly lovely things to say and I appreciate ypir time greatly...xx

sirkkis said...

I love your humorous 🐫 and the visitors😏. You have had really interesting visits. Yummy recipe, thanks!
Happy PPF 💝

Laila said...

Lovely post and that first piece is fab.

John R said...

Fabulous artwork. That camel looks so cute. Really like it.

Faye said...

Mandy, the camel photobombing the tourists is just hilarious and so well done. I love the humor in this. Great drawing of the spider although it creeps me out.

Latane Barton said...

Those are so much fun. I am happy to meet Mandy. Hope to see her again from time to time.

Christine said...

Lovely art pieces, friendly camel!

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh I love the camel art, so funny :):) Lovely art projects and your recipe sounds delish . I copied it to give it a try. TFS and happy PPF!

Linda Kunsman said...

My only question about the recipe is that 30 cm is over 11 inches so did you make one big pie instead of dividing into the 8 pieces? Thanks in advance.

Lorraine said...

what a funny camel great recipe too

denthe said...

Haha, Alison is looking pretty cheeky :-) Thanks for the recipe, it looks yummy!

Mandy said...

No...i divided the mixture into 8 and tolled it out until it was very thin...are you on Facebook? I could show you photos? I will add them here as an edit if you like

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful post. Funny and wonderful at. Your recipe looks soo good, unfortunately I no longer eat anything with flour in it.

Beth Niquette said...

I LOVE the drawing of that funny camel. You truly caught a sense of fun in his furry face. Thank you for the giggle. Your recipe and pictures look SO good. I think I'm going to go get some dinner now. LOL

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad I came back. Thank you so much for clarifying Mandy-and the photos you added are a great help!

JKW said...

I love you drawings for children. The recipe looks delicious. Blessings, Janet

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great drawings! The camel is fun. :)

explainer video production company said...

make explainer videos
explainervideo
product video
animated explainer videos
2d animation maker
app promo video maker
animation steps
3d product animation
3d steps app explainer video kolkata
best app explainer video company

logistics service in india said...

Logistics – Future Trends in India
What is a logistic company? What Do They Do?

logistics service in india said...

Best Logistics Companies In India
3PL Companies In India
Air Cargo Logistics

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...