Thursday, June 15, 2017

Vegie Garden Before and After

I have been gone for a while. Trying different blogs, however I feel this one is the way to go. It's me. It's my history.

I have been busy, lots of life happening.

Today though, is about my Vegie patch.

Our family has changed their way of thinking as far as food and the environment goes. And, of course, the health and state of the food we eat. So, a Vegie patch was started. It says been going for a couple of years. Constantly changing it to make it the best it can be.

We have 6 raised beds, a row of citrus, and fruit trees out the front.

Since it's winter, there isn't overly much happening in it, however the greens are growing ok and the garlic is powering. Mind you, garlic takes 9 months. 😱

I digress.

Yesterday, I decided to pull out the fennel, the spinach plant and he curry plant, which was overgrown by MINT.

Let me tell you.....mint overtakes everything. The roots were insane. It took about two hours, with help from Raymond, to get the garden looking how it does now....with marigolds, lettuce, onions and radish seeds planted.

                                                                         BEFORE






AFTER






We added 7 bags of compost, one bag of cow manure and two bags of soil enhancer.

Here's hoping the seeds germinate in this cold weather.

 Got my lovely bundle of seeds from Eden Seeds. I can use them to save seeds as well which is an added bonus. I bought enough seeds to last the next couple of years.


Forgive the dodgy images, and the  lacklustre font....I am trying to navigate blogger on my iPad...not very compatible at all.

If you have any questions about my latest plantings you can leave me a comment, or email me via my "contact me" .

Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy
XXX




No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...